Tuesday, November 3, 2015

National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo): Introduction Post

Hello Everyone!

An Adorable Picture of Shadoe in his Favorite Blanket


Happy November!

This month, I will be switching gears.  For two years now, I have heard about this really cool event where people write the first draft of their novel in a month.  This year, since I have gotten back into writing anyway, I thought, why not?

So, for this month, I'm allowing this blog to get super intimate.

Ooh... Will it get X-rated, Crimson?  **wink, wink, nudge, nudge**

Sorry, no... No, X-rated.  For a variety of reasons, which may or may not become apparent next month, I want this blog to be available and easily accessible to a wider audience, including pre-teens and teenagers.  If I make it X-rated, they can't read it, or at least, not get the same benefit from it, because they might be otherwise, ahem, occupied.

I will be posting parts of my draft.

Why is this intimate?

Well, it's kind of like seeing what happens inside my mind.  And that's really intimate for me.  Way more intimate, in a lot of ways, than things that happen in the bedroom.  You get to know a real, authentic, unedited, unscripted, part of me.

You're welcome, I think, ... and I hope you come out unscathed.  I do... most days.  :)

The working title for my NaNoWriMo novel is: 101 Pemberley Place.

It is a novel about a girl happening upon an agency of Gods and Goddesses, whom to stay in existence, have formed an organization to help maintain the Earth and its inhabitants... and then, Loki shows up.

If you're interested in this sort of thing, great!  Stay tuned.  I'll be posting on Tuesday and Friday as usual.

If not, and you'd like to get back to my motivational posts, insights, and A Serial Novel, those will be returning in December.  Definitely, without question.  I will not be spewing an entire novel every month.  It would be bad for my health, for a lot of reasons.  I'll be posting on Facebook about this regularly, so you can check that out there too.

Anywho, cheers to a great NaNoWriMo!

Anyone who would like to participate in NaNoWriMo this month, please follow the link: nanowrimo.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment